Want to learn how to video your computer screen? Take 5 minutes and you’ll have your own free system to record whatever you want right from your very own computer screen.
Screen capture systems are awesome for…
- Business Presentations
- Video Tutorials
- Sharing info to friends, family, colleagues, or even with a blog audience.
There are a number of computer screen capture programs out there. One of the better programs that has both a free version and a super inexpensive premium version ($12/year), I recommend Sreencast-O-Matic.
The price is right and the functionality of Screencast is great. It’s easy to use, easy to publish to your computer via YouTube and in no time at all you’ll be sharing whatever you like – that you can record from a computer’s screen.
How To Video Your Computer Screen:
The video below is produced by a colleague of mine from the Wealthy Affiliate Online Business Training Center.
Wealthy Affiliate (WA) is the best training program to learn internet marketing and online business.
Here’s some of the incredible online skills you can learn, such as…
- Website Development
- SEO skills (search engine optimization)
- Content and Video Marketing
- Online Business Creation
- Affiliate Marketing
Craig from WA will be our presenter today and he’ll walk us through using Screencast-O-Matic to show you how to video your computer screen.
The screen-cast that Craig made showed the keyword research tool called Jaaxy.
You can see how easy it was for Craig to use Screencast-O-Matic to video record his computer screen.
It’s easy to speak about whatever topic you want to discuss as you record you computer screen. The end result of the video is very professional.
You can go to Screencast-O-Matic here and use it for free, you most likely will just need to install a free Java plugin.
Pros & Cons of Free Membership:
The obvious benefits of the free membership of the computer screen capture system of Screencast-O-Matic sytem are obvious.
- It’s free to use, no registration or log in.
- It holds up to 15 minutes of video which is plenty enough time to make a video – Remember that the most successful videos are short, sweet, and to the point in order to capture and keep your audience’s attention
- You can publish your videos directly to YouTube in high definition
- As well you can publish them to your computer and edit them with Windows Media Maker
- You can publish to MP4, AVI, GIF, and FLV movie
- PLUS, you’ve got that cool yellow circle highlighter to point out various things within your video that are relevant to whatever you are discussing during your video presentation
The Cons of using the free version of Screencast-O-Matic’s to capture your computer screen video include:
- Limited ability to edit your video to make it appear more professional
- You have the screencast-o-matic watermark in your videos
- You’re unable to publish to Google Drive, Vimeo, and other video media websites
- Non access to editing and script tools
- Inability to draw and zoom in while recording your videos
- And you can’t add webcam recordings
How To Embed & Share Computer Screen Videos:
It’s really easy to embed and share screencast videos. Once you’ve perfected your video using Screencast-O-Matic, you have the option to publish it to YouTube.
This is what I would strongly recommend you do versus downloading it to your computer, and then adding it to WordPress or whatever content management system you use.
YouTube video take up much less space on your website than loading your video file directly into your media library within your Content Management System.
Plus it’s much easier and quicker to do so.
You can share your screen capture video on your social sites.
Let me show you what I’m talking about using the screen capture video I made from Screencast-O-Matic.
Recording Your Computer Screen Conclusion:
Screencast-O-Matic is fun and easy to use and after playing around with it for a few minutes I was able to understand how to use it for my blog or for sharing something that I like with friends via email, Facebook, G-Plus, etc.
And if you want a little more professional version for editing your videos, I would highly recommend using the Pro Version, it’s pretty much nothing for $12/year.
I hope you have enjoyed this quick tutorial of how to video your computer screen using Screencast-O-Matic. If you have any questions, leave us a comment.